Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Popeye's Honey Pecan Chicken Salad

1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup relish
2 T. minced onion
1 T. honey
1 1/2 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1/4 t. white pepper
3/4 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
1 1/2 pounds chopped cooked chicken (about 4 cups)

Combine the mayo, relish, onion, honey, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Stir in celery and pecans. Fold in the chicken. Chill. Serve.

I like this on a bed of lettuce. You can serve it on buns also.
I use about 1/4 cup of relish.

It is the perfect chicken salad. Yum.

The recipe is from Longaberger's Fresh From the Pantry Recipes for Every Day

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

good grief, I thought I would never get an acct here. geez, so nice to meet another happily married Christian wife and mom. the recipe sounds delish!!!!
Donna

February 29, 2008 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Sweet Woodruff said...

My grandpa was a Pecan farmer and I love anything made with pecans. I'll have to try this because I like pecans in my chicken salad.

April 9, 2008 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Okay Donna. It is a must try. I love chicken salad. I often put chopped apples and walnuts and craisens in our basic mayo mix.
Pot Belly's has a good chicken salad.....

May 19, 2008 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Okay Donna. It is a must try. I love chicken salad. I often put chopped apples and walnuts and craisens in our basic mayo mix.
Pot Belly's has a good chicken salad.....

May 19, 2008 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Dandy said...

Oh my goodness, I can't wait to try this!

August 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home